What’s New for You in FY16?
Your FY2016 COLA
The FY2016 cost-of-living adjustment for Chapter 21 retirees is 1.5%. For Chapter 46 retirees the COLA is 1.6%. This adjustment will be reflected on your July 31, 2015 pension payment.
Open Enrollment is May 11th to May 27th
It’s here again! This May’s Open Enrollment is the opportunity for pre-Medicare retirees and Medicare retirees to make insurance changes. Any change will be effective July 1st. Here is some important news regarding the County’s retiree health plans:
- Prescription drug copays will now count toward your out-of-pocket maximum (OOPM). As a result, the OOPM for all Cigna plans is increasing by $250 for individual and $500 for family.
- For the Cigna OAP IN Copay plan, the copay for physical therapy will be reduced from $60 to $45.
- Kaiser Permanente Signature HMO copays will change for the first time in six years. Beginning July 1, the new office visit copays are $20 for Primary Care and $40 for Specialists. Click here for a list of the most common copays.
- Premiums for health insurance are changing. Please review the charts on the right to see your new share of the monthly premium.
- Delta Dental coverage stays exactly the same with no premium increase.
- Any plan or premiums changes for the Kaiser Medicare Plus Plan and the AmWINS Medicare Supplement Plan will not be known until the fall of 2015. Any plan design or rate changes will not be effective until January 1, 2016.
Open Enrollment Information Meeting:
Monday, May 18th at 10:30 am
Central Library Auditorium
1015 N. Quincy Street, Arlington, VA 22201
Read the complete Retiree Newsletter regarding Open Enrollment