- Supplemental Life
- Provided by AETNA
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Healthcare FSA
- Dependent Care FSA
- Parking FSA
- Full-time permanent employees earn vacation based on years of service starting at 13 days per year up to 26 days per year.
- Accrual pro-rated for part time staff.
- Full-time permanent employees earn 13 days of sick leave per year.
- Accrual pro-rated for part-time staff.
- The county provides 10 fixed holidays and 1 floating holiday
- Employees are encouraged to use up to 8 hours each year to give back to the local Arlington Community.
Saving for Retirement
- Defined Benefit (Pension)
- 401(a) Defined Contribution & Optional 401(a) After Tax
- Plan administered by Voya
- 457 Deferred Compensation & 457 Roth
- Plan administered by Voya
- DROP (Deferred Retirement Option Plan)
- Access to Voya Financial Advisors
- Registered representatives on site to assist you with your retirement and financial planning needs. Services are free for employees and retirees.
- County Courses
- Provides opportunity to learn a variety of skills (during work hours) and free of charge. Courses are offered both online and in-person.
- HealthSmart Classes
- Offers classes to encourage healthy lifestyles and to address various health and wellness issues.
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Provides reimbursement up to a set amount ($1,900 in FY19) for tuition expenses of an employee attending an accredited university for classes that are related to your current job or help you to attain skills to qualify for another County job.
- Metro/Mass Transit
- Provides a 80% pre-tax subsidy up to $180 per month for an employee's mass transit commuting expenses.
- Walk or Bike to Work
- Pays $35/month to employees who use a non-motorized form of transportation to get to work.
- If you park in a county lot, parking expenses are withheld from your paycheck on a pre-tax basis.
- Live Where You Work Grants
- Offers eligible employees financial assistance to rent or purchase a home in Arlington.
- HealthSmart Wellness Clinic
- The onsite clinic at Courthouse Plaza offers convenient access to health services at no cost to the employee.
- Employee Assistance Program "EAP"
- Provides a confidential environment for employees and their family members to discuss any work or non-work related issues. EAP Website
- CollegeAmerica 529 Savings Plan
- Provides a mechanism for employees to save for college expenses, while having the earnings grow tax-deferred.
- Child Day Care
- County employees are eligible to receive a 25% discount at a local day care facility located on the corner of Lee Highway and North Uhle Street. County employees are given preference when spaces become available.
- Adult Daycare
- County employees are eligible to receive a discount on the daily rate at the Walter Reed Adult Health Care Center. Rates are determined on a sliding scale.
- Parks and Recreational Programs
- Grants access to summer camp and Barcroft & TJ gyms at the County-resident rate.
- Adoption Assistance
- For FY19, Employees can receive up to $5,000 per child to assist with adoption fees.
- Discount Programs
- County employees are eligible for a variety of discounts from mobile wireless, cable, phone, and internet providers.