What’s New for You in FY17?
Your FY2017 COLA
The FY2017 cost-of-living adjustment for Chapter 21 retirees is 1.5%. For Chapter 46 retirees the COLA is 0.1%. This adjustment will be reflected on your July 29, 2016 pension payment.
Open Enrollment is May 11th to May 25th
It’s here again! This May’s Open Enrollment is the opportunity for pre-Medicare retirees and Medicare retirees to make insurance changes. Changes to pre-Medicare medical plans or dental plan will be effective July 1st. Here is some important news regarding the County’s retiree health plans:
- Copays and coinsurance are not changing. Click here for a list of the most common copays.
- Effective July 1, there will be prescription drug formulary changes for the Cigna plans. The changes impact fewer than 100 Cigna members. Cigna will be sending letters to the impacted members. Please review the letter carefully if you receive one and discuss with your doctor if necessary.
- Premiums for Cigna health insurance are increase July 1. Please review the charts on the right to see your new share of the monthly premium.
- Delta Dental coverage stays exactly the same with no premium increase.
- Any plan or premiums changes for the Kaiser Medicare Plus Plan and the AmWINS Medicare Supplement Plan will not be known until the fall of 2016. Any plan design or rate changes will not be effective until January 1, 2017.
Open Enrollment Information Meeting:
Monday, May 16th at 10 am
Central Library Auditorium
1015 N. Quincy Street, Arlington, VA 22201
Open Enrollment Online Webinar
Wednesday, May 18th at 4 pm
- Please join our GoTO meeting by clicking the link below:
Then, use your computer’s microphone and speakers to listen.
- No computer? You can call in using your telephone and listen to the presentation.
Dial +1 (224) 501-3412 Access Code: 577-082-005
Audio PIN: Shown after joining the meeting Meeting ID: 577-082-005
Read the complete Retiree Newsletter regarding Open Enrollment. Open Enrollment instructions are provided.