Open Enrollment is May 7th to May 18th
This May’s Open Enrollment is the opportunity for retirees to make insurance changes. Your changes medical plans or for Delta Dental will be effective July 1st.
Here is some important news regarding the County’s retiree health plans:
What’s New in FY19?
- Kaiser HMO (pre-Medicare plan) will have the following changes for July 1:
- Emergency room copay increases to $200
- Urgent Care copay increases to $50
- The dental discount program will be eliminated. If you are a Kaiser HMO member and not enrolled in Delta Dental, you may want to consider joining during this Open Enrollment period.
- Click here for a list of the most common copays for Cigna and Kaiser HMO.
- Monthly premiums are increasing effective July 1st. Please review the charts on the right to see your new share of the premium.
- Plan or premiums changes for the Kaiser Medicare Plus Plan and the AmWINS Medicare Supplement Plan will not be known until the fall of 2018. Any changes will not be effective until January 1, 2019.
Watch our short video presentation about changes for July 1.
Out-of-Pocket Maximum Amounts
The out-of-pocket maximums are increasing for the Cigna coinsurance plans (Cigna OAPIN Coinsurance and Cigna OAP Coinsurance). The out-of-pocket maximum (OOPM) is a requirement of the Affordable Care Act that is there to protect you against catastrophic medical expenses. The OOPM is the most you will pay out-of-pocket during the calendar year for covered health services. Once you meet the OOPM, the plan pays 100% for the rest of the calendar year.
Read the complete Retiree Newsletter regarding Open Enrollment.
Open Enrollment instructions are provided.
Have Questions? We’re Here to Help!
Email us at: email@example.com
Open Enrollment Information Sessions:
- Tuesday, May 8th, 10:30 AM ; ACREA Retiree Luncheon: Little Falls Presbyterian Church, Arlington
- Wednesday, May 9th, 11:00 AM – 12:45 PM; DHS 2100 Washington Blvd, Lower Level Auditorium
Call us: 703.228.3500 Option 1; 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM